Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Amazing

We've had some big changes in our family since May. Well, I think they are big! We started doing some other healing techniques with Harrison, and in May, he went med free. That's right, he no longer takes medication for his adhd. It still blows me away sometimes.

Of course we got permission from his doctor first. I asked if we could try it over the summer. He told us sure. I'm guessing he thought we would be back in a month asking for another refill. Well, things have been going great!

I keep pretty close tabs on it. I asked Harrison once, how he felt, compared to when he was on his medication. He told me he felt the same, but better.

Prior to this, there would have been no way we would have even tried. We could tell if he even missed a day, but that hasn't been the case.

The true test will be when he starts school again. I have high hopes, and it makes me so happy that he doesn't need the medication anymore. He had to have a physical for scouts and it was good. For the past little while, Harrison's blood pressure had started to be elevated, (which we knew was a side effect of the medication) and since he hasn't been on it, his blood pressure is back in the normal range.

So many good things! I'm excited to see what the future brings!

No comments: