I haven't posted for a long time, so who knows if anyone will read this. Lol. Too much to do, too little time.
I haven't worked as a surgical tech for...wow, over five years now. Truth be told, there's a lot I miss about it... there are also things I will never miss.
Anyway, there are some things that become ingrained in you. Muscle memory I guess. I still hand things to people so they can use them. Oh, you need scissors, here you go, and I hand them the handle. Same with forks, knives, tools, etc...
So, yesterday I was making enchiladas for dinner. I was putting mixture in the tortilla and rolling it up, and as I was doing this process, I noticed that whenever one of my hands wasn't busy...it stayed high, above my waist. I almost started laughing. It's such a surgical tech thing to do! When you are in surgery, there is an imaginary line, drawn about waist level, and table level. You cross that line, you're considered unsterile. So, you never drop your hands! You never reach down for anything. If something falls, you let it fall, you don't bend down to grab it (many become quite adept at catching things before they fall past that imaginary line...)
I found it interesting that even after all this time, my arms and hands still automatically go to surgical tech form. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment