Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Sometimes it's Difficult

About a year and a half ago I finally went to a neurologist and was officially diagnosed with CMT. Yay. They even did a dna test to see which kind I had.

I know that a lot of people probably wonder, why? Why bother with a diagnosis?

A big reason is so that as things continue to deteriorate, eventually I will need more helps. Things like, braces for my feet and possibly my hands. Eventually I will have to have a little scooter to get around. Having it already documented will help out.

On the plus side, the doctors were pretty amazed with how well I am doing and the strength that I have in my feet. I don't know why I have the strength I do, but it is there. Is it because of the chiropractor and the supplements I've been taking? Maybe.

It's all still in a very testing stage. They are testing things all the time on CMT patients to see if they can help improve things.

It's been a rough week. Well, a rough two weeks. There are fluctuations in feeling, and this is one of the lesser times. When my feet start feeling more numb than they were previously, and then my hands. It's harder to control them. My right hand especially has been struggling. Makes me glad I'm left handed! Although, it is interesting in my mind to think, hmm, I guess this is what non ambidextrous people feel like all the time...

It's been harder to play the piano. A lot of what I play is from muscle memory. It's sad for me though. I used to be really good (like really good) at sight reading things, and I can't really do it anymore. I have to actually practice! I'm glad that that is still an option though. The really sad day will be when my hands are so numb, that I can't play at all.



1 comment: