First I was going to write, "surgery on my mind" but I didn't want everyone to think that I'd had brain surgery...hahaha... :)
I had the surgery to remove the cyst on my jawline a week ago. Man, that week went by fast. A couple things...I was glad they only had to use sedation and local anesthesia to get it out versus the deeper general anesthesia where they stick a tube down your throat and breathe for you. (Very basic descriptions, okay..) Anyway, sedation is a lot easier to come back from.
They successfully removed it all, it was larger than they thought it would be, and the doctor was very glad that the procedure was done in the OR versus in his office. I was very glad too. :) I think the incision site looks really good for only being a week healed. I know that eventually, you won't even be able to see the scar. Now it looks kind of funky because you can see the bumps from the suture under the skin, but those will also eventually go away.
I've been thinking a lot about surgery for the past month or so, or more. Okay, I pretty much think about surgery every day that I drive by the local hospital, which would be almost every day. I miss it. It calls to me. I miss assisting on cases, and helping people with surgical things. I miss saving people's lives, and making their lives better. I MISS IT A LOT. Still, at the moment, it isn't a part of my life. Sometimes that really gets to me, and makes me sad.
It's not to say it isn't a stressful job. It is. I read a study one time, about which profession was one of the most stressful, and it said doctor/surgeon. I wish I could find the study, I would totally post it on here! Then the next question was, which profession do people feel most fulfilled...and it said doctor/surgeon. So, the most stressful, but most fulfilling. Yes, I think that explains it quite nicely.
No comments:
Post a Comment