Thursday, October 29, 2015

Legos

I have to admit that there are times when I feel a little sad that I've never taken my kids to Disneyland. Silly, isn't it? What a first world problem! My kids have never complained. They've never been like, well, when are WE going to get to go?

Of course we'd love to take them. It seems like whenever we decide to make the plan, something big and crazy happens, and we never get to the point where we can even think about saving for it.

So, I asked Hazel one time, if she felt sad that she'd never been to Disneyland. She thought a moment, and then told me, no, but I would really really like to go to Legoland! I told her that it was geared to smaller kids...is that still her dream? Yes, mom. Legoland. Harrison gave the same response and he is 15. I even told him that some of the rides he would be too big to go on. No biggie. They just want to SEE it.

I don't know why this just made me smile, but it did. Most kids dream of going to Disneyland, our kids dream of Legoland.

There you go. :)

No comments: