Everyone likes to tell me, especially during difficult days, that I will miss this phase of life when it is gone. They are right, there ARE things I will miss, but I guarantee there are things I won't miss.
I won't miss potty training. Ever. People that say they will miss this are insane, or a glutton for punishment, or something.
I won't miss cleaning up puke. Again. Do I need to explain this?
I won't miss the pee smell that just seems to never go away.
I won't miss stinky diapers.
I won't miss sweeping the floor...again....and again...and again...and again...
I won't miss the shoes getting thrown down the stairs, or dumped out, or made into a mountain.
I won't miss them escaping our pew at church and running down the aisle...multiple times during a meeting. They are like little escape artists!
I won't miss the cups of water being dumped everywhere, multiple times, every day, no matter what I do.
I won't miss the temper tantrums and meltdowns.
However, there are many things I will miss.
I will miss the little hugs.
I will miss the snuggles.
I was miss the little children wanting to be held, and them sleeping in my arms.
I will miss them needing me and wanting to be around me.
I will miss looking at books with them, and seeing the delight on their faces when they realize that red is more than just a word, it is a color!
I will miss the pure joy they experience as they swing in a swing for the first time and literally squeal with glee.
I will miss the innocent magic that seems to take place around Christmas time.
I will miss them learning how to talk and use words.
I will miss the joy they find in learning new things and discovering their world.
I will miss going to the park with them.
I will miss them being here.
The things I WILL miss definitely make up for the things I WON'T. Thinking of that, it does make it easier to focus on enjoying the journey, and not on all the hard things.
No comments:
Post a Comment