Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Even The Sparrows

I was feeling very alone. I was feeling very unworthy. I was feeling very looked over. And to be honest, I was feeling a little disgusted with myself for an instance where I could have been the bigger person and resolved something, and in my stubbornness chose not to.

Then a scripture thought entered my brain "remember the sparrows" and I started looking for the scripture, but I couldn't find it anywhere! I knew it was in the bible somewhere, but it's location escaped me.

I started reading a church magazine and every article I read was about God's love for us, how everyone is special, everyone is loved, everyone is someone that God cares about.

Then I got on facebook and my cousin had posted a story, and at the bottom of the story was the very reference that I had been searching for.

Luke 12:6-7
6 Are not five sparrows sold for two farthings, and not one of them is forgotten before God?

7 But even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not therefore: ye are of more value than many sparrows.

God knew I needed to read that scripture. It was important. I believe a way was provided for me to receive that knowledge.

If God loves me enough to do that small little thing, that small tender mercy, what has he done for you today? If God has such compassion for the sparrows, I know that if you look, you will see what he has done to bless you as well.

It also opened the way for me to talk to Shane about what I was feeling, because it involved him in an indirect way. We had a great conversation, and talked through the emotions I was feeling, and my issues were laid to rest.


No comments: