I've had a lot of thoughts floating around in my mind this past while. A lot. Every time I thought about writing on my blog, I just kept thinking that if I did it in that time frame and that mind set, inevitably I would regret the thoughts pouring out, which would defeat the purpose of writing anyway.
A while ago I wrote on here about how we are shown our weaknesses so we can become strong through Christ. Well, since that time, it has been made quite apparent to me how the opposite is true as well. The adversary is quite adept at taking our strengths and making them weak. Making them our downfall.
We had a lesson on it last Sunday in fact, which was quite fitting since I was having a difficult time sifting through my emotions involving choices other people were making. How did they get to that point? How did they reach a level where they felt like not only did they have to do it on their own, but they were capable of doing it completely on their own? How did they get to a point where things that bring peace and order, began to bring disarray?
These are the things I think about and wonder, mainly because I don't want to get to that level. I want to stay far far away from it!
So, it brought to mind a few interesting articles that I had read in the past. One was a blog post from Middle Aged Mormon Man, and in that post they linked to a talk given by an apostle.
The blog post I specifically liked was this one:
Let's Talk About Sand
I remember when I initially read that blog post, we were discussing the wise man and the foolish man in our Sunday School class. It was brought up that sometimes, our testimony can be strong, but become weak. I thought about that... sometimes our testimony can be built on rock, and we just let it be, or we forget to anchor it, or we just stop caring... then the rains come down and the winds blow, and the rock begins to crack and crumble, and eventually if we continue to neglect it, it turns to sand. Then when even more trials come our way, there is nothing to anchor to, because our testimony is gone, and we are washed away into a sea of unbelief.
A talk that directly correlates with this is Our Strengths Can Become Our Downfall which was given by Dallin H Oaks.
In all of this, I have learned and noticed one HUGE glaring thing. It is so important to maintain a testimony based on Jesus Christ. It is so necessary to realize the importance that he has in my life, and that if I rely on Him I can achieve what I need to. If my faith and testimony are anchored in Him, I know I will succeed.
The waves can come crashing down, and the storms may rage, but my testimony will still be there, anchored in Christ.
Helaman 5:12 And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall.
And that, is what has been on my mind lately.
1 comment:
Beautiful. I need to ponder this.
Post a Comment