I don't know why, but I've been awake to greet the day at sunrise on a more frequent basis lately. I wouldn't say that I've had insomnia; I feel great and I get enough sleep, I just wake up early....early enough to see the sun rise over the mountains.
Maybe its the cool breeze that finds its way down the canyon every morning, or the quiet peace that seems to permeate the house while everyone else is resting in their beds. Whatever it is, it is a nice relaxing thing to do.
I find myself contemplating spiritual things more often. My gratitude for the world, my family, and all the blessings that come to my life. Sunrise is the perfect time of day to think about these things. :) The beginning of a new day; a new day with no mistakes, a day to try and do more, serve more, be more. Those thoughts don't intimidate me or cause fear in me. They cause me to have purpose, and a desire to be better than I am, or have been previously. It's a nice feeling.
No comments:
Post a Comment