I love flowers. They just make me smile and happy. I didn't realize how much until last year when I went all out crazy at the end of spring season sale at the nursery and bought a ton of annuals to put in my flower bed to help my house look more appealing.
Well, I realized something. When I have flowers in my windowboxes I like to have my blinds up so I can see them. Then, as I read, or hold kids, or whatever, I can look out my window and see these beautiful flowers just blooming!
It took me a while to get the hang of windowboxes though. They can be a little tricky. When we redid them last year, I decided I would try putting terracotta pots in my boxes to see if they would help the dirt stay moist longer because windowbox dirt dries out crazy fast. Well, it worked! I had beautiful geraniums all season.
So, this year I have gerbera daisies in my window boxes. I don't know if they'll get super big, but even if they don't, they are just cute and beautiful, and I find myself staring at them, or just glancing at them, and just enjoying them.
Same thing goes for the flowers in my flower garden. I find myself excited to drive past my house, or to come back to my house, just to see if I can see the flowers, and how pretty they are!
No comments:
Post a Comment