I remember that just hit me. It hit me hard, because I know I have written on here about my own struggle with losing my temper and yelling. Now, healing/opening my chakras helped. It helped a ton, but I still found myself getting angry. I found myself losing my cool over silly things! Things that really didn't matter, and what frustrated me even more was my lack of self control. Then I thought about the scripture that my friend had mentioned:
Ether 12:27 in the Book of Mormon, “And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them.”
I thought about that. I thought about it hard, and in my mind I thought, yes, this is definitely a weakness to me. This is definitely something that I need help with, that I am unable to do on my own, no matter how many anger management classes I take, or useful ways I find to get rid of pent up emotion, I CAN NOT do this on my own! And then I thought, surely, if the Lord can help my friend with this, He can help me.
Then I prayed. I prayed, and I poured out my heart to the Lord. I told Him what was bugging me, my weakness of temper, and my desire.
Since then....things have been so much better. Things that would make me angry or upset, no longer do. Occasionally I have a little upset, but afterward, I realize what I have done, and I am calm. My kids have noticed the change. It's not that I hold the things in or mentally tell myself to try to let them go, the things that used to bug me just don't bug me anymore. It's all put into perspective. I feel so mellow and at ease compared to how I felt before.
I know, I KNOW, it is because of that prayer. I know it is the Lord helping me have a change of heart, and my weakness, beginning to be made strong. It's a good feeling.
No comments:
Post a Comment