Well, it has been a few days since Friday...and...wow. After Emmett realized that he wasn't going to be sleeping anymore with me, he started waking up every hour. EVERY HOUR. I looked. It helped me realize a few things... one, he was used to sleeping with me, and two, it was a habit. Not a horrible thing, but seriously.
Jeffrey, successfully slept in his new bed one night. ONE. The next two nights he decided it was more fun to play and turn on all the lights and make messes while everyone else was sleeping. Since I was awake anyway...last night I put him back in his crib since Emmett wasn't using it. I had lost my resolve on that one. That and I was the only adult at home so it was hard to be strong emotionally. Plus it was almost one in the morning.
So, Jeffrey finally fell asleep in the crib, and Emmett still woke up EVERY HOUR even though he was sleeping with me.
A few weeks ago my mom had told me she would help care for Emmett when I was ready to start weaning him. Well...after this weekend, I was ready! So, she is watching him today and tonight and bringing him back tomorrow. I don't know how much change that will cause, but it's a start I suppose.
Now to figure out how to keep Jeffrey in his bed without keeping Harrison up all night. ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment