Thursday, December 5, 2013

O Christmas Tree Part II

So...we got rid of our sad tree that refused to stand...

Now we have a national lampoon christmas vacation tree...seriously! We went and got a real tree, and I wanted a tall one. They had one left, the price wasn't too bad, and we brought it home. The thing is HUGE. I keep looking at it waiting for the squirrel to jump out at me...

It is beautiful though, and smells heavenly. There is nothing quite like the smell of a live tree.

Shane laid down underneath it to water it, and stayed there. I asked him if he was ever going to come out and he told me it was like laying down in a forest. He also told me it was quite relaxing and I should try it. :)

I'm so used to our skinny artificial trees that it is taking some getting used to. This tree is so full, so tall, and so just BIG.

Of course, after having a real tree for the first time in 14 years... I don't know if we will go back to an artificial tree. I guess we will have to see!

No comments: