Tuesday, December 17, 2013

An Epiphany of Sorts

It has been a long month. At least it feels like a month. I guess technically it's been three weeks. Time goes by really slow when you're sick. It goes by even slower when your sick, and two little ones are sick. Maybe that's why it feels like a month, because for Emmett, it's been a month!

First he had roseola, then a cold, and now croup. The croup was the kicker. It landed him in the ER twice.

I think I can honestly say that I really hate croup.

Anyway, that's not why I'm writing this post.

Sunday was a bad day. I had reached my threshold. I was DONE. I just wanted to be better, and have Emmett and Jeffrey better too. Watching Emmett's little chest suck in and out, and knowing we needed to go back to the hospital, was the straw. I just started bawling and letting out all the negative guilty emotions that were built up inside of me.

It was pretty cleansing. It needed to happen. Before that point I was getting ornerier and ornerier and taking it out on my poor family. Not wanting to or meaning to, but it just kind of oozed out.

Shane finally said to me...quit worrying about how long you've been sick and let your body heal.

HEAL.

It was a defining moment. I let it go. I stopped worrying about the timeframe, and started telling my body to please heal.

I almost immediately felt better than I had.

Last night I started getting a sore throat. This morning it was worse. I didn't even complain about it on facebook, just asked people what they did for sore throats.

Then I tried a few things that I never had before. Cayenne pepper is nasty, but helpful. And the green smoothie Shane made for me was quite refreshing and delicious and must have been what I needed because Shane thought it tasted 'weird'.

So hear's to healing, and hoping that I will continue to heal and get better!

No comments: