Wednesday, December 4, 2013

O Christmas Tree

Our tree finally died. And by that I mean that our artificial tree that was about 15 years old when we got it, and loses needles (just like a live tree!), finally got to the point where no tree stand could make it stand up...

Shane tried. Our tree lasted 3 days.

 Of course it became completely unstandable on a day where I feel gross and could really care less. I had the older kids prop it in the corner of our front room, since somehow it miraculously survived being decorated on Monday evening... not sure how we pulled that one off. By Tuesday Jeffrey had already toppled it once, and by today, well... it is pretty much done.

So, I'm not sure what the plan is now. Get a real one this year? See if anyone will sell us a used artificial one? I have a hard time even thinking of spending the amount it would take to get a new one.

Of course the ill part of me, which is a pretty large portion today, just thinks, meh, it will work out. Not going to worry about it TOO much.

So, we'll see what happens.

No comments: