Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Summer Days Past

Well, my older kids have been back in school for three days now. This has been a little odd for me because they went back a week before the other schools in our district. Their school decided to align school schedules with their sister charter school, which is in a different district.

The other reason it has been odd... because it's fair week! That's why our school district always starts almost last out of all the districts in our state. We have the last county fair before the state fair starts.

So, it has been interesting to have to worry about taking the kids to school, and also remember the days to take things to the fair, and the schedule of the fair. If my kids raised animals for the fair though...I don't know, they would have a tricky time being involved with that and going to school... They don't, so it's not really a worry. Knowing our school, I'm sure they would work with whomever had that situation. They are pretty good about things like that.

It's been an unusual August in that in has been cooler than all of July. So BIZARRE!

And in kidling news...

Jeffrey is talking up a storm. I don't think I would be able to count all the words he says. I guess we use polite words all the time because he says those too. Water please. Tank you. C'mon please. Everything has a please. I am not complaining! He has a hard time with the yeh sound though. So, if you ask him something and the answer is yes, he will say "sure" instead.

He loves cars and pretty much anything with wheels.

Emmett is five months old...getting closer to six months old every day, which is just crazy! He loves his jump a roo and wiggling and rolling on the floor. He loves to watch people talk to him, and just a few days ago started reaching for my face so he could touch it. It is so cute. We started feeding him baby cereal since he constantly tries to grab the food off our plates. He has handled that really well, and eats it really well too.

And that, in a nutshell is pretty much all that has been going on the past little bit!

No comments: