Thursday, August 1, 2013

In Which I Learn Something New... That Really, I Should've Already Known...

So, I remember a long time ago when my mom became guardian for a while for one of my nieces... she needed my neice's birth certificate because she had special needs and needed to be able to be on programs to receive extra care. Well, my then sister-in-law had never gotten her birth certificate... At the time I was thinking, "seriously? Is it that hard?"

The answer of course, is no. It's not.

Well, now I can hang my head in the hypocrite pond because until Tuesday I hadn't gotten Jeffrey or Emmett's birth certificates and Jeffrey is almost two!

Somewhere along the way, I had it in my head that you had to get their certificate from the city they were born in. (You don't of course...) and when Hazel was born, I mailed in the information and received hers...but even hers I didn't get until she was a year old.

So, for those of you, like me, who are either misinformed or lazy or don't have the money (18.00 a copy peeps), here is the scoop. You can get a copy of their birth certificate at any health department in the state. If you were born in a different state, you have to contact the state you were born in. Still, it is much easier to get then I thought.

Hmm, I don't know if I should even admit this and publish it... I guess I can just admit that even smart people can be ignorant about simple things.

No comments: