I feel like about 90% of the time I am just tired. This has especially been the case the past few weeks. Technically I should be taking a nap right now because Emmett is actually sleeping in the swing without me holding him, and Jeffrey is downstairs playing with Hazel... this probably means he is watching Curious George, but hey, I'll take it. :)
I often wonder how celebrities who are in their 40's can handle taking care of small children...and then I remember that the vast majority of them have nannies. I know that some of them don't, but most of them DO. There is no way they could do it otherwise! That or I am just a wimp!!
I am extremely grateful that my two older kids are very willing to help out. While I am extremely grateful for my two younger sons, I am beyond grateful, it is very exhausting and tiring to have two kids that close together in age. I actually had my friend who has twins tell me she thought it was more difficult to have two kids close in age then to have kids who are the same age, because the twins go through the same stages at the same time, and I have to deal with two hard ages at the same time... hmm, never thought of it like that!
Of course, I've also been told, when I made the comment that it was almost like having twins... "said by someone who has never had twins..."
So, here's what I say... being a parent is hard. Period. It is exhausting. Period. Instead of criticizing and judging over who has it hardest, let's just say that everyone has it hard at some point. Some people have talents in dealing with small children. I don't think I have that talent. They make me tired. :) I keep reminding myself that at some point they will be potty trained, and able to talk, and they won't whine and throw temper tantrums when they don't get their way.
The reward for me, really, is when Jeffrey smiles, because he has an amazing smile, or the day we put him in a little kid swing at the park and watched him grin and say "whee" over and over again. There is nothing like seeing a child exhibit pure joy, to help you remember why it is all worth it.
The other reward for me, is seeing my children's pictures on the wall. I know that sounds silly, but for the longest time there were only two, when I knew there should be more. Now there are four, and I just sit and look at them in awe sometimes, grateful for the miracles that I have been given.
No comments:
Post a Comment