Jeffrey had surgery yesterday. It wasn't a "big" surgery, but surgery and little kids always makes me wary. He had a cyst on his eyebrow that needed to be removed. We had a plastic surgeon at Primary Children's Hospital remove it.
We wanted to have it early in the morning, and it was pretty early in the surgical day. He went back at about 8:20 A.M.
We had to be there to register at 6:45. It's always interesting to see the differences in a big hospital like Primary, versus a small hospital like the one I worked at. Still, I felt like they were pretty effective at getting people in and taken care of as quickly as possible.
It's always interesting to be in a hospital that is completely geared for kids. There are paintings on the walls, drawings done by kids on some of the ceiling tiles. Toy cars for them to ride back to surgery in if they want, or a wagon. Jeffrey chose a car, of course. No surprise there! We had brought his bear, and I think that, more than anything helped him go back with the anesthesiologist. He didn't even cry when he had to go with them, which Shane and I were both AMAZED at, since he has separation anxiety really bad since I was on bedrest with Emmett.
It wasn't surprising at all that he wanted his dad back in PACU with him. :) Then I was there with them both in recovery.
All in all it went really well. They put little restraining boards on him so he would play with the incision stitches over his eye, but we tried taking them off and he left it alone. He was just happy that he could drink his juice and eat crackers without help.
Today he is pretty much back to normal, minus the black eye. The swelling from the surgery is about as big as the cyst was, so he looks pretty normal. Once it goes down, it will look really good though. I am glad we were able to have it done.
They sent the cyst to pathology to be tested, but I don't think it will be anything more than what we thought it was initially. It is tested just to be safe. So, hopefully all it was was a cyst.
It was a long day. We made it home at about 4-4:30 and we were all so tired! We just laid down and all took a nap!
No comments:
Post a Comment