Tuesday, June 18, 2013

In which, the power was almost turned off...but not quite...

I thought my title was pretty creative. :) Anyway, my shoulder has been bugging me for a few weeks. I knew when it had slipped out of place, and I knew at that moment that I should go immediately to the chiropractor and have them adjust it back into place...but our medical card was out of money, and we were pretty much out of money. As the weeks rolled by my shoulder kept aching, and I kept thinking that I really needed to go in, and that the longer I waited, the more close visits I would have to have to get my shoulder back to where it was supposed to be.

Here's why I was wishing I could just go in... I knew that the longer I left it, the longer my muscles would be contorted in the wrong position, until after a while they would think that was the position they were supposed to be in. I would still be in pain, and then if I got it adjusted, the muscles would pull it back out of alignment because they take a while to change.

So, a couple more weeks went by, and I finally went in and got it adjusted on Thursday. Of course, by Sunday it was very painful again, and so I went back in today. I think I should just blame all my orneriness on my throbbing shoulder... ;) It takes all my effort to have a good attitude and be nice!

While I was waiting, a city worker came by, and apparently the people who rent the whole building, hadn't paid their electrical bill, and the electricity was going to be shut off. This was, of course, frustrating to my chiropractor because there was nothing he could do about it. He rents his office from a person who rents a suite of rooms, from the person who rents the building. So, he quickly but thoroughly adjusted the person before me, and then me and I was the last appointment for the morning.

Apparently it was a misunderstanding though, because the power didn't get shut off. At least not while I was there!

No comments: