Monday, June 24, 2013

A New Look

When we moved into our house 8 years ago (hard to believe it's been that long!) our house was painted in an all cream paint, and there were a few beige accents on the windows and window boxes. The window boxes also had an additional accent color of a pale orange... almost salmon looking color.



As the years went by, of course the paint started to get older and then started to crack and peel in places. It was becoming more and more evident that our house needed to be painted again. We kept putting it off, and then after we had Emmett, we fully realized that we needed  (well, really wanted) a larger house with larger gathering areas where we could have family over to visit.

At first we looked at investors, but realized that that wasn't going to be a real possibility. I think I already wrote about it on here in April or May. (I can't remember how to link things, so, you can just check my history if you want to reread it.)

Repainting our house was a must, since the people most likely to be interested in our house would need to qualify for the no money down loans, and with those loans, the house has to have certain things, like no peeling paint. :)

It's taken a few months, but we are getting closer to having the house done. We really just have a few areas of trim and main color touch ups that we need to be done. We also added new decals to the window boxes and repainted them.

All in all, I am really pleased with how it has turned out. It is really pretty, and we get a lot of compliments on it. Each time I just think, "I'm glad you like it! Buy our house!" :D



I even planted live flowers in my window boxes! That's progress! On top of which, they are still alive and look pretty!

Here's the before and after right next to each other:



2 comments: