Almost every year I get a flower for mother's day from church. It's typically a geranium, and it usually dies, sitting patiently on my counter waiting for me to plant it. This happens with other plants too, unfortunately.
Well, this year, surprise! I not only have been watering my geranium, I planted it today!
When we moved into our house I was so excited it had window boxes. That excitement soon dwindled when I discovered how difficult flowers are to grow in window boxes. I'm bad at difficult gardening. I barely make it at super easy no matter how hard you try this plant won't die gardening.
Still, I came up with a plan... I removed the dirt from the window boxes, bought some terracotta pots, and planted geraniums in all the pots. Then, when we get the window boxes painted and hung, I will put the terracotta pots in the window boxes.
After the season is over, it will be easy to remove the terracotta pots for winter.
This all sounds great in my head and on here...we will see how it works in real life! I decided on terracotta pots because they are cheap, and they hold in moisture, hopefully helping the flowers stay moist enough from day to day. That's the hard thing about window boxes. They get hotter than other places, and dry out a LOT faster. So, we'll see!
This will hopefully help our house have better curb appeal too.
No comments:
Post a Comment