Here's the crazy that has happened this week...
-Jeffrey got sick Saturday night. Then my side started hurting. Not as bad as gallbladder pain which I would rate a high ten, but bad enough to wonder what was going on and have Shane take me to the E.R. .. twice, to rule out appendicitis.
The second time we went they referred me to the general surgeon that has done surgery on me twice, which I thought was a little odd, but fine with me since he is nice and competent and willing to figure out what is going on.
Monday I still hurt so I went to my follow up appointment. I got put on an antibiotic and ibuprofen to see if we could get the pain to go away since it seemed to be in my right kidney. I was supposed to try it for two days and then let him know if it seemed improved or not. If not, then we would need to do some more tests on my kidney.
That night, Shane got SICK. I got SICK. Oh so SICK. It was AWFUL.... I could describe the details, but even in my medical mind, it's just not good. Suffice to say, I lay there thinking of the blog post I would write if I felt good enough to type, and it would have been a list... things that should not be allowed. Mom and Dad should not be allowed to be sick at the same time, because then there is no one to take care of anyone.
Tuesday morning Hazel got sick. At least we didn't make her go to school. Shane was feeling mostly better. I was having a hard time keeping even tiny, miniscule sips of pedialyte down, which suffice to say, made taking the whole antibiotic/pain reducer thing pretty near impossible. So I called his office.
We have eaten a LOT of bananas this week. It's really weird when bananas are the only thing that sound good because your body can digest them.
Wednesday, Harrison got sick, and Hazel was still recouperating. I felt good enough to start the antibiotic and ibuprofen regimen, and YAY by Thursday the pain seemed to be less. In all of this, can I just tell you how grateful and relieved I am that Emmett did NOT get this nasty little stomach bug? So very grateful.
More crazy---
The dryer stopped heating. Blah. Of course it would happen this week, when we all get sick and there's no way Shane would have time to fix it. Because, on Saturday we are supposed to repaint our house!!! Did I mention I don't know the exact color our house will be painted? I'm guessing it will be a light brownish gray color. I know that doesn't sound very appealing, but it will look cool.... I hope....
This blog entry isn't very organized... which is fitting because it has been a very long unorganized week.
The positive good crazy: Emmett started smiling. :) Jeffrey has started saying all kind of different words, but I have to admit that my favorite one, is "Memmett." Makes my heart smile every time he says it.
No comments:
Post a Comment