Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Talents

I like reading about other people's talents. I'm glad when they blog about them, because I literally just sit in awe and bask in their awesomeness. I'm being serious too!

Like, my one friend who plans amazing parties for her kids, and themed meals, and all these cute amazing crafts. She says she gets her ideas from pinterest and other online sites, but I know there's a lot of talent thrown in there too. They're not just preplanned expensive parties either. For example, this year her daughter's birthday was Sprinkles, so everything had sprinkles on it. It looked so cute! One year her other daughter's birthday was Rainbow's and she made a layer cake with all the different colors of the rainbow. I know if I tried to do these things, it would just stress me out, but she thrives on it, and it is such a talent for her! I'm glad she takes  pictures and shares her talent with everyone. :)

Another friend I have, is amazing at planning and creating her own shows. She is the music coordinator for her elementary school, and she doesn't just do a music program, she does a music production! Even when the shows come with a script, she's picking all the songs, choreography, costumes, everything! She would be an amazing theatre director too. I can tell. :)

Then I have my friend who is extremely well organized and everything is beautiful and clean in her house and in her yard. She writes about doing yard work, all the cool things she gets to make her house even more organized, and I just think she's great.

Then there is the talent that I really wish I was good at... SEWING. I am not a seamstress. I love to quilt, but making that quilt, is a major accomplishment for me. Piecing something together from a pattern just makes my brain twist. Then I read this one lady's blog and she wrote about sewing without patterns. Hah! I would never be able to do that! Okay, I could TRY, but I can guarantee that my creations wouldn't look right! :) To me, that is a major talent. Shane's sister is able to do that too. They can just think about what they want to sew, and are able to cut the fabric to get it to look the way they want. I think that is so cool!

So thanks for sharing your talents with me!

No comments: