Saturday, March 23, 2013

Checkups and checking in

Emmett and Jeffrey both had doctor checkups today. Jeffrey only had to get one shot, and now he is good until kindergarten, YAY!! Emmett had to have his second PKU test done, which I thought he handled pretty well, all things considered.

Both boys are doing great. Growth and weight gain, great! Then the doctor looked at Shane and me and asked how I was doing. Any blues or depression? Shane nodded his head. (He was right though, so probably good that he did...) Still, on an intensity scale, this time is definitely the least compared to my other kids.

The doctor felt that it definitely could have been triggered by Shane going back to work, since that meant that my adult help was gone. And also because I was perfectly content and happy until he went back to work.

So, with a firm, watch this and if it gets worse or doesn't decrease next week you need to see your OB, we are waiting to see how I do, and I am hopeful that things will improve.

Today wasn't as bad as yesterday though, but again, Shane didn't have to work tonight because it's his Saturday, so we will see how next week goes.

On a positive note though, I have gone two days without getting angry and yelling at the kids. SWEET!! Shane asked me if I felt like I had pent up emotion because of this, and I told him no, because I mentally talked myself through it, and also, realized the real reasons I was getting angry and yelling.

I also have a good mental image of why I want to be yell free, even more. I started thinking of when I was in the operating room, and the doctors I enjoyed working with, and the doctors I didn't. I also thought about their personalities and why they were enjoyable to work with, and today as I pondered it, I would think, "I want to be like dr so and so, NOT the other dr." It actually helped quite a bit. It also helped me have more patience and repeat myself over and over and over, without getting frustrated or angry, and it helped me talk to my kids instead of just getting upset.

All good things. :)

1 comment:

Jess'n'John said...

Way to go! I'd love to be yell free for 2 days. That would be awesome for everyone in the house. Definitely something to aspire to. Good job. Hope things stay well.