Sunday, March 3, 2013

37

So, today I am officially 37 weeks along.

I know for most people this would give them a sigh of relief, and give them warm fuzzy happy thoughts that they made it to "full-term" or the "safe zone."

It doesn't equal that for me. I know that every baby is different, but Hazel was mid-way into her 37th week of development when she was delivered, and you know what? She was not okay, and she was not ready to be born.

Whenever they have measured Emmett via ultrasound, he always measures a week smaller. When they would measure Hazel she measured 2 weeks smaller. So, it will be interesting to see how big Emmett is when he is actually born.

So, I am content (not comfortable) but definitely content to let the days continue to tick by until Emmett is ready.

If I actually make it to the date of the scheduled c-section, I am perfectly fine with that. Of course, Shane would  prefer a Friday because then he can take more time off without having to use his PTO. :)

1 comment:

Jess'n'John said...

fingers crossed Mel! :) Hopefully you'll make it till the point where you feel comfortable with Emmett's arrival. I personally don't have an opinion on am/pm delivery times. My boys were born at basically 2pm. E was born in the morning and it seemed like I could be awake with her more since I was used to being up anyway during the day. Sounds like everything is ready for everyone and you are doing great. :)