Well, the waiting is over! Emmett Nathaniel was born yesterday at 7:30 in the morning. He is a little cutie patootie. I can't get over how small and tiny he is. He only weighed 6 lb 1 oz when he was born.
The NICU nurse did end up coming to our room and evaluating him when he was born just to make sure he was doing okay breathing wise. Everything checked out great, and he continues to improve. No NICU for Emmett! Yay!
He looks a lot like Jeffrey did when he was born, except he has darker hair like Hazel did. He has the least amount of baby hair, but he has the same cheeks that Hazel did when she was born, so it will be interesting to see if he keeps his darker hair or goes blond.
I was so happy when the nurse anesthetist came in and it was the same one I had for Jeffrey! I kept thinking, what are the odds? It really made my day, because I knew he would do a great job, and he did.
All in all, I couldn't have asked for a better experience. I am so grateful that everything went okay, that Emmett is doing great, and my recovery is going really well too.

2 comments:
Congratulations! So glad that everything went well!
Congratulations! He's adorable
Post a Comment