Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Transverse update

Today I went to my 34 week appointment. I thought it went really well for the most part. I had another ultrasound done to see if Emmett had decided to go breech or head down. He picked breech. :)

My doctor did measurements on the baby to make sure he was okay size-wise since my 3 hour glucose tolerance test came back borderline high. Emmett's measurements were fine, in fact he measured a week smaller, so, there you go.

I asked my doctor if I should lay off the sweets and things, and he said that wouldn't be a bad idea. Which, basically means no more junk food, and low glycemic index foods for me. :) Also, eating carbs with protein, which helps the blood sugar to not spike.

Things like, crackers and cheese, apples with peanut butter on them, etc...

This morning I ate toast with peanut butter on it and some yogurt and I was full all morning. It was great! It's a half-decent start anyway.

For dinner we are having taco soup, which is also a really good low glycemic index type soup because of the beans and corn. Hazel picked it, actually, and as I was thinking about it, I thought, yeah, actually that is a pretty good thing to have. :)

I always find it interesting at this point and begin to wonder when we will have another baby in our house. It is just mind boggling to me how quickly these last few weeks have gone. After my next appointment, I will being going in every week for a doctor appointment.

We finally ordered another crib, which Shane kind of dragged his feet on for awhile, but I told him Jeffrey was not ready to not be in a crib and that we really needed another one. We went with a convertible crib so Jeffrey could use it, and then Emmett, when he gets to the point where he needs a toddler bed. It will be a few weeks until it is delivered though, so hopefully we will have it up and ready before Emmett gets home!


No comments: