Monday, February 11, 2013

A Little Pressure...

First, I am going to warn you... this post is about being pregnant... namely, being pregnant in the third trimester, and the last six weeks, since holy cow, I only have SIX WEEKS LEFT...

Anyway, for some of you, this may be way to much information. More than you ever wanted to know or read about, so that is why I am WARNING you. For others, you will probably just nod your head, smile, maybe chuckle a little as you totally relate to what I am going to write about.

I have reached that wonderful time where I feel like my body is being split in two. :) I never experienced this with Harrison. I don't know if it was just because he was my first baby or what, but I never did.

Hazel...WOW. I was in total shock and seriously thought something was wrong, because no one told me that this would happen and it HURT! Every day. Every minute.

So, when being pregnant with Jeffrey rolled around, I was prepared and knew what to expect so it didn't hurt so bad. It still hurt, just not bad, like the hurt you don't expect.

And now, it's that time with Emmett. It lets me know that my body is trying to prepare for something it will never achieve, since it doesn't really know what it means to dilate. I find this interesting since my body finds great enjoyment in getting prepared for the big day, but when that day rolls around... chirp chirp, chirp chirp.

So, basically, my pelvis is starting to spread apart. Sound painful? It is. :) It seems to hurt worse in the evening, which makes sense, since all my body wants to do is lay down, and gravity has been helping everything pull downward and apart.

I keep telling myself that this time around we are going to make it even longer then I ever have before! No NICU babies! I've already experienced that once, and while I am extremely grateful that that technology exists, I really don't want to experience it again.



1 comment:

Jess'n'John said...

Crossing my fingers for you! Hope all goes well in your last few weeks and that you hold together a little bit longer. :) Hugs!