I like to chew gum. When I worked in the OR and I had a cold, chewing gum was a MUST because it would help my sinuses stay clear and keep me from coughing.
Generally I like the minty gums, but I've tried the fruity flavored ones too, and while I like them too, especially the ones with a little minty aftertaste, they just don't seem to last as long.
Anyway, here's the funny thing... I can't STAND spearmint. The closest one I can even tolerate is the new flavor that trident has out that is called mint bliss. I tried it today, and it has a spearmint flavor to it, but also peppermint, and apparently there is enough peppermint that I can stand it, but it is not my favorite. I will probably let my kids have it.
If the gum is just spearmint though, I have to spit it out and eat something to make the flavor go away. Blech. I don't know if I just had a bad experience with spice gumdrops as a kid or what, but that flavor and I... we are not even remotely friends. :)
Peppermint, wintergreen, and pretty much any other type of mint, I really like.
No comments:
Post a Comment