So the past two days have been interesting. I have been to the hospital twice, for 5-6 + hours both times. The main reason for this was because I was having contractions every 2.5 minutes.
It's always kind of interesting when I get these contractions because for most people this would mean they are in full blown labor and the baby is going to be born shortly thereafter.
For me, this means I am having contractions every 2.5 minutes. I don't dilate, I don't do anything but have contractions. Thankfully my babies have typically just been fine for this too and not gone into distress over it.
When I get to this point in my pregnancy, I think that is the main reason they have me go in to be checked out, because I'm sure after a while of having that many contractions, the baby would start to go into distress. I guess.
Because I still have 5 weeks left, leaving the contractions to do whatever they want isn't usually the option of choice, so I am now on nifedipine. That has calmed down the contractions to a desirable level, and I am now back at home, on bedrest, doing nothing, in hopes that I will be able to carry Emmett for a few more weeks, since, like I said before, NO NICU BABIES!!
Anyway, I can feel Emmett move, and on medication I have few to no contractions, so I am hoping I can at least make it to 2 weeks before my due date. I know that at three weeks a baby is technically considered full-term, but my babies tend to like to take their time developing their lungs too (which we learned with Hazel) so for me, 2 weeks early is the beginning goal. :) I guess we'll see what happens!
No comments:
Post a Comment