Monday, February 4, 2013

Finally

I think we are finally in the home stretch of being an illness free household! (knock on wood...)

It's always kind of amusing to me when super bowl Sunday rolls around. Majority of the time I completely forget about it until I'm reminded that Shane's sister is having a party. It's a fun party though. She calls it the UNsuper bowl party. You can watch the game if you want but you have to know that it will be loud and noisy from all the people playing games.

So, this year it was even more amusing that Shane's "team" won. Of course the only reason I even knew this was because all my friends and family were in a super bowl posting frenzy on facebook. Shane picked the Ravens a few years ago so he would have something to say when his coworkers at work were talking about football. What was funny was that his coworker didn't even think the Ravens would make it to the super bowl...and then they did.

Anyway, that's about the extent of my football information. I was even going to be really creative and write 10 ways you can know you're not a football fan... but I never did.

You would think that after having three of my five brothers play football that it would be something that I was really into and enjoy...NO WAY! I can't think of anything more boring than watching a football game...unless it's like golf, or basketball, or...you get the idea.

The most wonderful thing, is that Shane doesn't enjoy watching them either. I think for him it is about exciting as someone telling him they want to take him fishing...

It still makes me smile, and I admit, warms my heart a little to know that my kids still probably think the main reason a football field exists is to watch the marching band do a field show. :) Yep, I've done something right...

No comments: