Well, late last night I ended up back in the hospital. I was having regular contractions on the nifidipine and pain, so, back we went.
It was a good thing in a way though, because this morning I was able to talk to my doctor and ask him a bunch of questions that I had been having...namely, when exactly should I come back. What should the determining factors be... so, that was a good conversation.
He also told me that we really wanted to wait until I was at least 37 weeks along to do anything extreme like deliver the baby ( which I agreed with 100%) unless I ended up in actual labor and then, they would do it.
So, again, I am back at home, on the nifidipine, with orders to do as little as possible, avoid stairs, carrying anything over ten pounds, and so, here I am in bed. :)
I am so so grateful to all the people that have helped so far. There is NO way we could have done this without them. My poor mom is in a situation where she has to hear about this happening from afar, and I know it is just emotionally hard on her to not be able to help out.
Anyway, I am also glad that the baby hasn't been born yet. The largest reason for that is that I know his lungs aren't done developing yet, and he would be little, and he just needs more time! He's been a champ though. His heartrate has been good, movement has been good, and so that is definitely encouraging.
So, positive affirmation here... we can make it three more weeks! My body is a healthy and happy place to be!
1 comment:
Glad you are both hanging in there. Hopefully your body and Emmett with cooperate and he can hangout a while longer. :) Good luck!
Post a Comment