It's been an interesting winter. It's been interesting to think about all the winters we've had, and compare them to this one.
The trend this winter, seems to be that we get a huge ginormous snow storm that blankets us with tons of snow and slick roads, and then afterwards, we break records with cold temperatures. :) It makes me really glad that I listened to the thought in my brain that kept telling me, "It's going to be a cold, snowy winter...make sure you buy a coat you can wear while you are pregnant..."
Shane and I keep talking and reminiscing about when we were in elementary school and we had a cold snap that had temperatures from Alaska come down. That's what I remember them calling it on the news. My school even closed for a day because the boiler to the furnace went out and there was no heat.
Well, on the news today they commented on how we were having temperatures that rivaled the temperatures we had that year, and in some cases the temperatures are even colder. Brrr...
Today when I drove the kids to school I wore snow pants and my insulated boots to keep my legs warm. When Shane drove home this morning it was -13 F. That was ten degrees warmer than some places nearby. It makes me feel like we live in Minnesota! This is interesting in and of itself, since I've never been to Minnesota...
I'm glad we've been able to stay warm though, and I hope it warms up soon! It's weird to think that even having it be 10 degrees at night would be nice...
No comments:
Post a Comment