So, today has been interesting... I tend to be a little overprotective of my kids health. So, this time I decided to just chill and not instantly worry. Jeffrey has had a cough, we'd been to the doctor a couple times, and he still had a cough. And, yeah, my "mommy radar" was starting to go up a little.
Then today happened... He was fussy, irritable, breathing wasn't horrible but not great, coughing, didn't want to eat or drink anything, and I began to be a little more worried, but wondered if he would be okay until tomorrow, when we could take him to his pediatrician.
Finally, I called our doctor and talked to him on the phone. I told him what Jeffrey had been experiencing and how he was behaving, and he told me to take him to the hospital and have him checked for pneumonia. So we did. He has pneumonia. *sigh*
Still, on the plus side, his oxygen level wasn't bad enough to need extra oxygen, or to be admitted. He was given a shot, some zithromax, and a prescription for another antibiotic that we start him on tomorrow. If his breathing gets worse we're supposed to take him back in.
I'm am hoping that it doesn't get worse.
1 comment:
So glad you didn't wait:) Good Luck!!! Hopefully he gets feeling better soon!
Post a Comment