Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Tired

Well, we took Jeffrey to the doctor again today. After observing Jeffrey, talking to us, and checking his oxygen level, he told us that he really felt like what Jeffrey has is viral, or in other words, RSV. He showed us the x-rays that were taken on Sunday, showed us the areas of concern, and then told us that it looked like viral pneumonia, not bacterial, but that the antibiotics Jeffrey had been on, had probably helped his ears, which had been starting to bug him, so it was good he got on antibiotics anyway.

His oxygen level was lower, but still good, and because his energy level is still okay, we should be glad that he is doing as well as he is. They gave him a breathing treatment at the office to see if it would help his retraction when breathing... I guess it helped a little, but boy did Jeffrey HATE it! Which is interesting, because usually once he figures out that it doesn't hurt, he doesn't care. This he fought the entire time it was on!

So, hopefully, this is as bad as it gets and he will start to improve.

My ear is still plugged but not as bad, so hopefully it will continue to get better and I will be able to hear without feeling like I am in a bubble.

We gave my kids a snow day today, because the roads were bad, it was snowing, and then I was worried about Jeffrey, and Hazel "didn't feel well" (even though I think she was really fine, she was just being a turkey).

And I'm tired. Shane's tired. I just want there to be health again in our home. I just want to feel better, and have Jeffrey return to his normal happy go lucky self.

Still, as with all things, I guess you have to experience the bad to appreciate the good, and boy does this make me appreciate feeling good! I keep telling myself, "Remember what that felt like? Feeling good? Let's get healthy and feel that way again!!"

Another interesting thing to read about is all my friends that are having or have had babies like in the past week or so. It just blows me away! Then it hits me that I only have 6-8 weeks myself! Where did the time go? Oh right, I spent the last month feeling sicko and mostly in bed. :)

I so hope that everyone in my family is healthy when Emmett is born. Please please please...

1 comment:

Jess'n'John said...

Hope you all start getting better too and getting some more rest! 6-8 weeks is so exciting!! :)