So, a little update on me, I guess... My illness is finally starting to get a little better. I haven't had to have nebulizer treatments for a few days now, which has been nice. I'm still congested a little, and there's some stuffiness in my ears, but my cough is starting to lessen a little too... so, it has been nice to not be AS sick as I have been.
I've been trying to tell myself that it's okay to be healthy, and we can be healthy and not sick! It seems to be helping. The brain is a powerful thing.
I still have our humidifier going, and I put essential oils in it, usually peppermint, which helps with the congestion, and also hopefully getting rid of the nasty bugs in the air!
Jeffrey is still fighting the same yuckiness, and got a mild fever and increased cough, but he still seems to be doing okay.
The rest of my family is healthy! Which I am so grateful and glad about!!
I'm sure some of you are wondering why I haven't been using my essential oils more... well, essential oils are great, and they are very helpful, but sometimes you have to have extra help. Plus, when you are pregnant you have to be very careful with the essential oils you use, just like any type of medication.
Even then, they're not a cure-all. I tend to use them more with things that doctors wouldn't be able to help me with anyway. Like if I get a cold, or to prevent a cold, a cough, a fever, muscle aches and spasms, migraines (which I still use other stuff for too) and other illnesses. Sometimes using the essential oils prevents a secondary infection, like sinusitis, or strep, but sometimes it doesn't. I don't mess around with strep, or pneumonia, or other things like that. I go to the doctor!
So, this past little while, when I would wake up and feel like I was drowning because I couldn't breathe, I knew it was time to go to the doctor! I even went back two days later when what I was doing wasn't helping enough.
I tend to use homeopathic things when I'm told there's nothing else I can do. I don't like it when I'm told that, and I try to find things that help, even a little. Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. I don't see the harm in trying it. I could write numerous examples of all the things we've tried and how they've helped. Of course, I'm sure I've already written a lot of them on here in the past, so I won't bore you with that again. :)
I am so glad to even be feeling a little bit better though! I hope it continues!!
No comments:
Post a Comment