Sunday, January 20, 2013

Dear One

This is dedicated to my awesome husband. He has taken care of me all weekend, but who am I kidding? He has taken care of me since the day we were married. He has babied me more this weekend than normal, but I needed it.

I hate being sick, and being really sick on top of pregnant in my third trimester, makes it so much more fun!

Still, he buckles down, and gets the job done. He doesn't complain about having to care for the kids, or cleaning the kitchen, or vacuuming, or all the other millions of little chores. He just does it.

He has been a little stressed out lately. He gets that way when he gets worried about me. Then, of course, he worries about other things, and on top of it all, there is a lovely added stressor, that neither one of us completely expected, that involves family (extended family), and the heartbreak that is occurring for my in-laws right now, and wanting to help, but not knowing how to, and all the stresses that come with going through the grief process...because it is a form of grief, even though no one has died.

And did I mention we have a baby coming? :) That always adds a little stress, whether you want it to or not.

So yeah, he has a lot on his plate right now. This weekend he kept apologizing to me for being a little ornery, and I would just hug him and tell him it was okay, he has a lot to deal with right now, and I'm here to help him deal with it.

And we will deal with it, but as with all things, it takes time. It takes time to get over being betrayed, and wondering if there was anything more you could have done, to change an outcome, but knowing deep down, there really wasn't. It takes time to get over the anger. Anger at causing the people who love you grief, anger at the choices that are being made for selfish reasons. It just takes time.

It is hard to see him in this struggle. It is a struggle we both are dealing with, but if I have to deal with it, then I am glad that I have him with me, and we are in it together.

No comments: