So, today I called my OB's office just to give them an update, and to see if they felt it was necessary for me to be seen, since my blood pressure seemed to be creeping up today.
They told me they felt like I needed to be seen by my regular doctor first, because the inhaler/steroid combo wasn't completely doing the trick, or my blood pressure wouldn't be going up so high. That and they could tell I sounded wheezy just by talking to me on the phone.
So, I get to go back to my regular doctor this afternoon, and I am guessing they will put me on nebulizer treatments. Hopefully that will do the trick! Hopefully that is all I need. Emmett seems to be doing okay, and moving around, so I am hoping it will stay that way.
This all makes me think about when I was pregnant with Harrison. I don't have pneumonia, like I ended up having with him, but still... When I was pregnant with him I got pneumonia, got put on oxygen, and breathing treatments and was hospitalized for about a week until they felt like I was stable enough to go home. I keep hoping that doesn't happen this time!
Thankfully, if they do put me on a nebulizer, we'll just need the medication and some of the disposable supplies, since we have a nebulizer that we ended up getting when Harrison and Hazel were little and would get super bad croup all the time.
*sigh*
I am just so ready to feel better! Still, in all of this I am very grateful that we have access to the medical care we do.
No comments:
Post a Comment