After a horrible night last night, where I felt like I was suffocating and couldn't get enough air... (I think I slept two complete hours in a row), today I went to the doctor. I had to see a doctor I don't normally go to, but it was either that or the ER and I really didn't want to pay an ER bill.
Anyway, he told me to absolutely start my second z-pac today, and also prescribed an albuterol inhaler and some prednisone for me to take by mouth. When he listened to my lungs he concurred that there was a lot of wheezing going on, and that he had seen a lot of people with this particular illness where the breathing had bronchospasms. Which basically means that your body is acting like it has asthma even though it doesn't.
The albuterol and prednisone have definitely helped. I don't feel like I am trying to breathe through a straw anymore.
I am glad that even with all the wheezing, my oxygen level was still really good, and my heartrate was really good too. My blood pressure was pretty high, but I think that's because I was really anxious as to what they would find out.
So, hopefully I am on the mend will continue to feel better here on out.
No comments:
Post a Comment