Friday, January 18, 2013

Breathe

Today I am grateful for good health... I am grateful for that, because it is something I'm not really experiencing right now!

A few weeks ago...hmm...I think it was right after Christmas time, Jeffrey and I got a nasty cold. His automatically had a cough attached... mine just had a lot of kleenex usage involved... I helped temper it by using essential oils, but I still got sinusitis.

Tomorrow I start my second round of zithromax. Zithromax isn't something they typically like to give to people for sinusitis, because it doesn't stay in the system long enough, but since I am allergic to almost every other family of antibiotics, they have to prescribe it to me.

This is one of the huge reasons why I try to get the infections and things to not even start by using essential oils when I first get a virus.

I did start to feel better almost immediately after starting the first round...but then, whether because I got a different cold with similar symptoms or what, the drainage slowly started returning, and now I have a lovely cough too, and I've lost my voice, and basically just feel yucko.

My OB doctor knows about it though, so I am definitely keeping tabs with him, and tonight I finally got the humidifier out...or I guess I should say, Shane got the humidifier out, and hopefully that will help too.

My last monthly OB visit was on Wednesday, and everything sounded and measured fine. Now I start having appointments every two weeks! At my next visit they will do another ultrasound.

I went and saw my chiropractor today too. Hopefully that will boost my immune system enough to get rid of this nasty cold! Apparently being adjusted can boost your immune system up to 50%. That and now my hips and ankle don't hurt. So there you go. The joys of getting older. :)

No comments: