We had a good Christmas. Sometimes, especially after I talk to other people, and notice what they get their kids for Christmas, or do for Christmas, I wonder if we do enough, or if my kids feel deprived. Then Christmas morning arrives, and I am reassured that what we do is just right for our family. The kids are happy, they like everything they got, and it's just a happy time. A time that we enjoy being together.
It is hard to believe that the Christmas break is almost over! Our kids even got out two days earlier than everyone else, and I feel like it has just zipped by. Tomorrow is the last day! I keep finding myself thinking, "but I'm not ready for them to go back to school yet..."
Now it's new year's eve, and almost 2013. It's been a busy but good year. The coming new year also brings to mind that time is winding down for when the newest member of our family will join us. At times it has felt like the longest pregnancy ever, and right now it feels like the baby will be born tomorrow. :) (not literally of course, we still have 2 and a half months to go...)
I have never been really good at resolutions, but I think this year I will copy my friend and focus on being grateful. I almost wrote positive, but I find that if I am grateful, being positive automatically follows. So, here's to a grateful year!
1 comment:
I am grateful that good people like you and Shane are bringing good kids into the world!
Post a Comment