Wednesday, January 2, 2013

A Winter World

Brr, it's been cold the past few days. This morning, at 8AM it was a balmy 7 degrees. Toasty! I admit, I am not a cold weather person. I think anyone who reads my blog should figure this out pretty quick. I try not to complain about it. Where I live we have four seasons, and winter is one of those seasons, so I have to deal with it.

That being said, even though it is bitter cold, it is beautiful outside. There is snow, so much beautiful snow, and because it is so cold, it hasn't melted, not even a tiny bit! There is no yucky grey slush, because it is cold!   So, I am enjoying this winter white world while I can.

If it has to be cold, and normally it is this time of year, then I would prefer to have the snow, because than at least it looks and feels like winter. When there isn't any snow AND it is this cold, it is seriously just depressing because everything looks dead.

So there are a few things I am grateful for today... (well, more than a few, but we'll save some for later...) I am grateful that I have a nice furnace that keeps my old house warm. I am grateful for the beautiful snow.

No comments: