We had a really enjoyable Thanksgiving this year. We usually do. It's one of my favorite holidays.
Anyway, since the kids were out of school on Wednesday, we decided it would be fun to spend the whole weekend at Shane's parents' house.
We got there Wednesday evening and came home Saturday evening! We really enjoyed the time we had there. We played games, had good food, and even went shopping. It was all great! I haven't had that much fun playing games in a LONG time.
Usually, even though I enjoy playing games, all the bustle and loudness and everything going on tends to overwhelm me a little, or I get too competitive and it just isn't fun, so I usually opt out. This time though, it was just so enjoyable! I didn't even win! :)
Then on Saturday evening, we found out that Shane's uncle passed away. It's a bittersweet thing. He was in his late eighties, and had been dealing with some health issues for a while, so it was nice for him to not have to deal with that anymore, but it was sad, because Shane's uncles are so cool! This uncle was the oldest in the family.
Shane's family is always so creative. They can see a pile of stuff and create something amazing and wonderful out of it. Shane's uncle enjoyed restoring OLD cars (think Model T's and 1920's 1930's) and I still remember when he let Shane drive me around in one of them. It was a lot of fun. He also had a playground in his yard that he built and designed himself. One is a circle ride that has two airplanes. One person propels the airplane and the other airplane on the other side just goes along for the ride.The kids love it!
I'd only known Shane's uncle for 13 years, and only got to see him on occasion, but I could always tell what a good guy he was. He will be missed.
I think the sadness of that, and Shane's dad having surgery for some potentially scary things, have put a damper in my mood and made me more edgy. I can tell because my house is annoying me more than usual today...and every time I look around at it. And I feel like crying a lot more.
So, here's to thinking happy thoughts and positive emotions. Maybe it will help me fly around in glee like on Peter Pan. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment