Monday, November 5, 2012

And the Verdict Is....

So, we went to the ultrasound. It is always a little exciting/nerve wracking for me to have these ultrasounds done. I think it's because of all that I know that can go wrong. So, the morning before leaving was spent trying to stay calm and not worry. I think I did a pretty good job. :)

The ultrasonographer was very nice, and they had a HUGE screen to watch from. That was nice too! Everything looked great, and we also found out that we are having a boy! When the ultrasound was done, the perinatologist looked over the results and then came in and did another mini ultrasound. They both commented on how great the baby was doing and looked.

The placenta attached to the back of my uterus, which the doctor told me was a very good thing since I have c-sections, and then told me what a great job I did having it attach there. I kind of thought that was funny, because you know, I have so much control over that! :)

They also did two 3-D images, which was also neat, because the baby already looks like all the other kids in our family. It will be interesting to see what color of hair he has, since we have two blondies and then Hazel with beautiful darker hair.

It was nice to see, and I am glad that we now know the gender of our baby! Yay!

1 comment:

Marsha said...

I was so relieved after our ultrasound. Scott said it was the happiest he's seen me in a long time. It's amazing how know that your baby is fine can make you so HAPPY!