I've been thinking about my gallbladder lately...or the lack thereof really... I have had to start being more careful about what I eat again. Last time, I did a liver cleanse. Sounds kinda fruity I know, but it worked! They had actually been doing a study on patients taking excessive amounts of vitamin C to cleanse their liver and had had positive results, so I tried it back in June after my last attack. Now, when I say excessive, I mean EXCESSIVE. I took 10 vitamin C chewables, and that was only half of what they gave the patients in the study.
Anyway, like I said, it WORKED. Granted, it definitely flushes out your system, if you know what I mean, but hey, I can put up with that if I don't have to deal with that nasty pain. Well, I can't do that now because I am pregnant, so I find my diet is changing quite excessively, which is good in a way, and bad in a way. Good because it means I am eating healthier, but bad because I have a hard time getting enough calories in that I am supposed to. Since I AM overweight this isn't a huge horrible thing, and I am definitely not starving myself or anything, but unlike most pregnant people, I am not gaining much weight. If I was thin, this would be a problem.
Today we went to Wendy's and I couldn't even finish a hamburger. I already stopped eating deep fried foods since that is a huge regret if I do. Although, in retrospect, it was probably the combination of the hamburger with the mayo on it (I forgot to tell them to leave it off) that probably did me in. So, I told Shane we would probably be eating at Subway and Gristmill more. Probably not a bad thing anyway. :)
Now to change tracks...is this fall not just beautiful?! I love it! I have noticed some unique things this year that haven't happened in previous years. We have sycamore trees in our yard, and typically, it gets too cold and freezes/snows before the leaves ever come close to changing color. In fact, I wrongly thought that for some reason Sycamore tree leaves didn't change color at all. What usually happens is they go from green to sage green, and then after they FINALLY decide to drop off the tree, if they ever do, they turn a mushroom brown color.
Well...this year, they are gorgeous. They are all turning orange and yellow. I have NEVER seen this happen, especially in the past seven years that we have lived here. So, to my brain it is quite an amazing and beautiful phenomenon. :)
And, because the local store was having a sale, and I am all about sales, I bought a cute fall door hanging that was on clearance, and all the Christmas stuff was 50% off so I bought new Christmas stockings (which I have wanted to do for the past two years) and a cute Christmasy door hanging. For the first time since they started doing it, I have enjoyed listening to the Christmas music already playing on the radio. I am definitely not in scrooge mode this year! If anything I am one of those annoying people that just can't wait!!! Of course that might be in part because Les Miserables comes out Christmas day and it just looks AWESOME, and it's rated PG-13 which just made me happy.
The things that keep going through my mind...Thanksgiving, Christmas, Thanksgiving, Christmas, YIPPEE! I haven't even let the thought that we might have to do our own thing on Thanksgiving get me down. It still sounds like fun. I am still excited about it all. It just makes me happy thinking about it. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment