The dog days of summer. Have you ever wondered why they are called that? Hmm...maybe I'll have to google it.
It's hot. I feel like it has been August since...we'll say April, since that was when we put our air conditioner in this year. August is probably my least favorite month of the year, if only because it's usually the hottest and driest. There are things that happen in August that I like, but still, the heat, blech, the dryness, blech, and yeah...
So, lately the skies have been kind of a whitish grey. It's been driving me NUTS. Supposedly this is because there are wildfires in all the states surrounding our state, and then there are wildfires in our state as well. This equals nasty skies, that even on occasion smell like smoke. My sinuses don't like it, and frankly, if I'm gonna have the sun every day, I'd rather have blue skies where I feel like I can breathe, not this mucky icky goo that makes me feel like I am choking. Glad I don't have asthma, that's all I can say.
I am also blaming my latest blue moods on this yucky sky.
Today has been a downer day. I think it started when I offered to do a bit of service and I was turned down. That made me sad. Then it made me feel not needed and unwanted. This would normally make me feel bad anyway, but since I am pregnant, it becomes this HUGE travesty and the whole universe seems to be against me, and life is sad and depressing, and wow. Plus, then my mind has to dredge up all the other negative things that have ever happened in my life...it gets annoying really...
I kind of liked something that one of my friends put on their wall on Facebook today though...it basically said to stop thinking and talking about our troubles. It's a bad habit. We should focus on our joys.
So, here is my joy of the day...
I have two air conditioners, and they work. I know that sounds like a silly thing to be joyful about, but in these hot summer days and nights, it helps me survive!
My other joy....I've been able to be in the Brigham City temple three times now. It's so beautiful, I can't wait for it to be dedicated and go there to do temple work.
1 comment:
I am going to call. I want to hear more about it.
Post a Comment