Friday, August 24, 2012

The End Is Near

The end of summer vacation that is! My kids go back to school on Monday. I think we are ALL excited about this.

It will definitely be a new experience for everyone involved. They are going to a charter school for the first time, wearing uniforms every day, and meeting new kids.

In other news... Jeffrey's current phase is going to drive me insane. Seriously. Of course I am sure I will live through it, but I don't know how well I will hear at the end of it all. He is in a shrieking phase. I'm surprised our glasses haven't cracked or shattered yet. It's so high pitched and...wow. I can feel little tips of my hearing hairs breaking off with each shriek. :)

I am currently waiting to go to my class reunion. Today is the day! It will be interesting to say the least. I will have to post later how good it went. I know that a large portion of this will be based on my attitude, so I know I have to go with a good attitude or it's almost a guarantee that I will have a terrible experience.

Wednesday was the start of our county fair. We went to the parade, and it was a lot of fun. I haven't had that much fun at a fair parade in a LONG time. Then we went to the fair. Hazel wanted to go on the ferris wheel. Good thing it was family night, and each ride was one ticket, or I can guarantee she wouldn't have gone on it! As it was, it took about an HOUR to get on the thing. Of course, I couldn't go on it, which was fine, I kind of figured that.

Anyway, all in all, a good time. This has been a busy week, so I can't say I am sad to see it coming to an end.

On to bigger and better things! Probably busier too.

No comments: