Sunday, August 26, 2012

Class Reunion

So, I went to my class reunion, both days. I am happy to report, that it was a lot of fun. I don't know if it was because it was more low-key, so everyone was more relaxed or what, but it REALLY was a LOT of fun!

I got to talk to people that I haven't seen for years. There were still a few people that kind of didn't really talk to anyone but their clique of friends, but you know what, that's okay. I didn't go out of my way to talk to them and they didn't go out of their way to talk to me, and that's fine.

The people I did go out of my way to talk to, were very nice, and it was fun to see what everyone had been up to for the past 15 years. It was also fun to talk to people that have been posting on their blogs and actually get to see them in person! I enjoyed that.

It was also fun to go on a tour of our remodeled high school. I had wondered what it looked like after they passed the school bond that would remodel a large portion of both the high schools in our district, and they are both amazing.

I am glad they passed the bond. Do I wish they had just built new schools? Yes. It would have been cheaper and they could have gotten more for their money, but to have the schools at the same location and the demolition and remodeling that they did achieve, it turned out very nice. Much nicer than the school we went to high school in! :)

The next day we went to the second portion which was at a park. It was more family oriented, but couples and single people were still invited to be a part and attend, and some did, which made it really fun. They had rented a big bouncy house for the kids to play in, and I think the kids all had a blast for the most part. The adults just sat and talked, and I think we all had a good time. I know I did! :)

So I was very pleasantly surprised. I guess surprise is the wrong word, but I am happy that I went.

I hope our next one is just as enjoyable!

No comments: