Thursday, August 30, 2012

Differences

So, I finally went to my first doctor visit for this pregnancy. It felt like it would NEVER come! It went well. We saw the baby's heartbeat, and both my doctor and his nurse were excited for us. Our little surprise miracle! Who would have thought we would be having another baby so soon after Jeffrey? Not me. I was geared up to having to wait at least a couple years before giving up and having a hysterectomy because of all the endometriosis I have. So definitely a nice surprise.

Anyway, this pregnancy has been interesting in more ways than one. Technically it is my 6th pregnancy. WOW.

So, here are some differences, because usually my pregnancies have some similarities...

1. I am so sick! Extremely nauseated. Smells are NOT my friend. I have NEVER gagged from smells before, well...I have now. :) Food is the most unappetizing thing ever and I really have to force myself to eat, and then I have to try and eat healthy on top of that. Some days I am happy to just have enjoyed crackers, because that's all I could tolerate. (Just dealing with nausea here, nothing else thank goodness...)

2. My food cravings are so different from anything I have ever craved before... potatoes are GROSS. This is  exactly opposite of all my other pregnancies.  So, a few things I have craved this pregnancy...fish, shrimp, mushrooms (cooked), zucchini...snow cones. That's it. And then, when I give in and eat what I am craving, I go from not craving to having the same food make me gag. Seriously. It's been interesting to say the least.

3. Acne. I mean sure, I usually get some, but this pregnancy, I feel like I am going through puberty all over again. I have so many breakouts. I can't put anything on them either, so it's just lovely. Well, I guess I could put neosporin on them...

4. Fatigue. Yes, I've gotten tired with all my pregnancies, but we're talking, if I don't get a nap or take it easy and I happen to overdue it...it takes about two days to recover. Makes me really grateful I don't have a job because I don't know how well I would've handled it.

It's kind of funny because everyone asks me whether I think I am having a boy or a girl...one person even asked me what I felt in my gut...I told them my gut said it was a boy, but my gut is usually wrong so it's probably a girl! Anyway, what do you think it is? I think....it's a baby! ;)

No comments: